IHG and Steps partnershipIf you are reading this, it is most likely because you have recently stayed at an IHG hotel and picked up a tasty treat made in the Steps bakery. If you want to know more about how your choice is changing lives, this is where you can find out!
Breaking the mould: IHG leads the way on inclusion
IHG Hotels & Resorts is involved in an important partnership project with Steps to help ensure more people with disabilities have access to work. As part of this project:
- IHG is stocking snacks made by Steps. Steps runs social businesses, including bakeries, which provide training and employment to people who are neurodivergent (they may have autism, for example). By ordering snacks from us, IHG is helping to make sure more neurodivergent people are able to access work experience or paid employment. Inclusion is a whole ecosystem and by making their supply chain inclusive IHG are helping this system to flourish
- IHG is preparing five of its hotels in Bangkok to be ‘disability inclusion ready’. These hotels will take part in a programme which helps them learn how to make their employment practices more open to disabled employees and help all staff learn how to support those with disabilities in the workplace
- Using the findings from the first five hotels, the project will be extended to other IHG properties and destinations across the country.
Sounds like an important cause! Is there anything else I can do?
If you want to help Steps and IHG with their mission to get more disabled people into work, here are some key actions which could help:
- If you are an IHG guest, feed back your thoughts about this partnership. Maybe you have a disability or are neurodivergent – how could the hotel better support your needs?
- If you are IHG staff, engage with the project! Ask your manager for more information.
- You can also support Steps by ordering our products (stocked online via our sister business Theera), visiting our coffee shops, or even using our consultancy services to see if your workplace could be made more inclusive. You can also follow us on Facebook or Instagram to help us spread the word about how important it is that everyone is able to access a fulfilling career.
Thank you for your interest in our mission to make jobs accessible to everyone!
More about Steps
Become a business partner
Steps is working with 14 business partners to help create a broad range of opportunities for our graduates.
We are lucky enough to work with a big group of talented, determined and enthusiastic trainees.
Our Vocational centres
Our vocational centres offer UK-accredited training in a friendly environment. Read more about them.