Transition to Employment (Future Steps)The Future Steps programme is all about moving our trainees into a working environment at a pace they feel comfortable with, and helping their employers to help them. 100% of our graduates are now in employment.
I work at More Than a Game Cafe. It’s a dream come true as I’m into video games and board games. I feel like I’m a social person, like I finally have a job and not just sitting in a room.”
– Tin-Tin, completed his Steps training in 2020 and we helped transition him to his dream job.
Every single one of our graduates has transitioned into sustainable, paid, fulfilling employment and we don’t intend on that changing.
The Future Steps Programme covers:
- Completion of any ASDAN/BTEC qualifications
- Beginning external internships at one of our partner companies
- Generalising skills learnt throughout the Life Skills and Preparation for Employment Programmes into new settings
- Becoming a peer mentor for the Preparation for Employment Programme
- Preparing CVs, attending mock job interviews, interviewing employers and industry specialists to gain insight into potential pathways
- Reducing the number of days at the Training Centre as trainees prepare to begin work or transition to college/university.
Roles they have gone into include Accounts Assistant, Bakery Assistant, Barista, Shop Assistant, Data Entry Clerk and Communications Assistant but we’ll always try to connect our graduates with the employers they’d love to work for. Through our individualised approach for every learner and our partnerships with our employers/our own in house opportunities, there is a pathway for everyone.
Some of our graduates have also transitioned to foundation programmes at universities in the UK and Australia with graduates feeding back that their time with us really helped them to prepare.
Admission and enrolment
Our other programmes
11-16: Life Skills Programme (First Steps)
16-18: Preparation for the Future Programme (Next Steps)
Our transition programme will focus on employability. Your child may attend mock interviews and make their CV. They may start an internship with a Steps business partner. They will complete any ASDAN or BTEC qualifications they’re working on.